Monday, August 18, 2008

Cameron's Potty Training



This post is about Cameron. Our family has had a lot of changes over the last year. Macy was born on November 1st 2007 and 3 months after her birth we put our house on the market. We prayed and put everything in the Lord's hands. We felt that if it sold we were meant to move. Well our house sold in 3 weeks and that is amazing considering the real estate market in Las Vegas and nationwide. When our house sold we took the opportunity then to look for a larger house not too far from our old one. We felt blessed again to be able to find a home so quickly and everything just fell into place. We moved into our new home during the third week of April and a lot of work thus ensued on our new home. We are still making changes and will be for a while. To make a long story short why this post is about Cameron is because I decided to wait to start potty training him until he was 3. It was really after we had settled into our new home and Macy was a bit older. He turned 3 on May 12th. I really started working with him the first week of August. We were in Idaho for 5 weeks so I waited until we came home. To my surprise he is doing really well and is very PROUD of himself. On Satruday Cameron and I took a trip to Target to let him pick out 2 packages of underwear. He picked Spider-man and Power Rangers underwear. I had to wash them right away when we got home so that he could wear them like a big boy. He stayed dry the entire time we were at Target and the grocery store. He has not had any accidents which is great. We are all very proud of him. He goes to the bathroom all by himself and he always requests a gummi-worm when he is done. I am probably more surprised than Kurtis about how easily he is learning because when I tried around the time of his birthday he wanted nothing to do with it at all. He is a very stubborn and strong-willed little boy so I thought he was going to be my hardest to potty train. I have definitely been pleasantly surprised. He starts preschool in about 2 weeks so the timing could not have been more perfect. He just seems so grown up to me all of a sudden. He wanted us to take a picture of him in his new underwear and holding a couple of pairs we bought. Then later that day he put a pair on his head and was running around and playing with the underwear on his head. Cameron is our little comedian and he makes us all laugh. We are so glad he is a part of our family.

6 comments:

Hardy Family said...

Way to go Cameron! That is so exciting especially to only have one in diapers now. With Caden we waited until he was three too. I think boys take a little longer to potty train or at least they seem to be more ready if they are older. Caden was potty trained literally in one day and I know it was because he was totally ready and we did not rush him. Go luck and keep up the great job.
So you found out the boys are getting baptized at 12:30pm. That works so much better for us anyway. See you soon!

The fly-fisherman said...

Yea Cameron! Yea Mom! Only one in diapers, that is the best part. It makes such a difference when the child is ready to be potty trained. When they are ready... it goes so fast and easy. Congrats!

Welcome back Carter's said...

Sweet!! It didn't take him long at all! I have to agree about how lucky we are to have Cameron around. He always makes me laugh! We love you Cameron! Good luck in preschool and Ava says Hi:)

Grandma Jo said...

Well, I'm glad to SEE that Cameron is using his training pants. Good luck on all that training. Isn't it fun! It was fun to see you all in Phoenix, hope to see you soon again. When is Max getting baptized?

Rebecca said...

Way to go Cameron! I loved it whem my kids got the potty thing down. I was never a huge diaper fan, but then, who is?

Cameron and Jeremiah are only 2 months apart. It'd be fun to see you all and let them play. Jeremiah needs more boys to hang out with that are his age.

Andi said...

I love this post because the one thing that it shouts out is that everything happens for a reason and in God's time! Cameron is such a special boy and I love his sense of humor-(totally captured in this picure!) He is getting so big lately, seems like yesterday you were pregnant with him going to spin class with us. I wish we could just slow things down, and pause their growth spurts!